Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Obama's Speech

What can I say? Nearly perfect. I put unfairly high expectations on his speeches now, and he didn't disappoint.

Some have criticized his speeches for being light on substance, but I have worried that he wouldn't be able to add substance without diluting the power of his rhetoric. I thought he mixed substance and rhetoric beautifully in this one.

He showed patriotism, populism, grace, and passion.

The tone was vastly different from McCain and Clinton. He's in a different league.

His attack on McCain was made even more powerful by his acknowledgement and encouragement of respect for the man. And this line was brilliant: "I honor that service, and I respect his many accomplishments, even if he chooses to deny mine."

His praise for Hillary Clinton exhibited superhuman maturity.

He showed that he has the best temperament to be Commander-in-Chief.

No comments: