Thursday, June 19, 2008

Limp Boehner

It's unfortunate that I can't find video of it right now, but I was watching CNN International while I was in Greece last Sunday and I saw an interview with House Republican leader John Boehner from Ohio talking to Wolf Blitzer. I think they were talking about the up coming election. In it he said that the Republicans had a plan to lower the deficit and lower taxes. These are generally things I'm for. However, he then went on to blame the Democrats for the high deficits in government. He said that the federal government (more specifically the Democrats) had a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

Now again I found this statement to be true but it amused me it was coming from this man. I hope he realizes that the Republican party can't make this argument any more. They are no longer the party of smaller government. They were just as bad as the Democrats when it came to spending over the past eight to ten years. I think this is the real reason that Republicans lost their majorities in 2006.

I hope people like Boehner realize that when Republicans (not Republican politicians) say that they want smaller government, they actually mean it. Republicans will continue to lose elections if they keep their big spending ways up.

Unfortunately the only other real alternative is the Democratic party so, as far as congressional races go this year, I hear that a young up and comer Milhouse Cumberland has some great ideas about reducing the size of government.



He is the change we seek.

1 comment:

Collins said...

well it certainly wouldn't be the first time america elected a sour-smelling dog to the government.